Food and beverages we consume can affect Tooth Decay. Overview of the process of brittle teeth, or dental caries is the medical term. Dental caries can occur due to an imbalance in the tooth mineral loss (demineralization) with the return of mineral teeth (remineralization), when bacteria produce hydrogen ions from fermented leftover food and beverages that we consume during our oral ph in critical condition or acidic so that there was dissolving minerals in the teeth.
Then, due to the absence of ph balancing process, the oral cavity can not restore the lost minerals before, so there was tooth decay.
Things that can cause loss of tooth minerals caused by a variety of bad habits, such as:
- The frequency of consumption of foods and beverages that contain refined carbohydrates between meals our main.
- Exposure of acidic foods and drinks. In some instances, caries-can be caused by the consumption of acidic foods and beverages such as carbonated soft drinks, sports drinks, cordial (non-alcoholic sweet drinks), and fruit juices.
- Plaque accumulation and retention.
- Engineering and frequency of brushing is wrong.
- Intake of fluoride is lacking. Can be obtained from toothpaste, drinking water containing fluoride, and fluoride applications by the dentist. The system of drinking water containing fluoride has been applied for a long time overseas, fluornya content must not exceed the dose because it will harm the body. However, indonesia has not been applied in drinking water systems of this kind.
- As well as factors such as changes in lifestyle modification, general medical condition, socio-economic, and patient compliance also play a role.
How to prevent tooth loss, is to make a habit that can support the process of returning the minerals teeth are lost through non-invasive treatment of the following, among others:
- Reduce consumption of foods and drinks containing carbohydrates and amino between our main meals.
- Increase your water intake. Drink at least 2 liters of mineral water (8 glasses) a day, so that your saliva will flow more. It serves as a natural cleanser for your teeth and oral conditions as neutralizing the acid you. Conditions mouth acidic (low pH) can cause demineralization of teeth.
- Perform cleaning teeth. Make tooth brushing techniques and the proper frequency (article dated May 10, 2012 on a good brushing schedule and article July 19, 2012). As well as doing additional mechanical cleaning of the teeth using dental floss (dental floss).
- Using an antibacterial agent for oral cavity. You can use chlorhexidine mouthwash as an antibacterial agent for your oral cavity. Its use should not be more than 2 consecutive weeks.
- Using toothpaste berfluor.
But above maintenance requirements vary for each person, you should do some preliminary examination of risk factors brittle teeth (caries risk factors) on your subscription Dentist, then a new non-invasive treatment can be determined what is appropriate for the condition of your mouth.