Diabetes – The key to managing type-2 diabetes is by leading a healthy living. Small changes such as reducing the time to sit for a move more often been able to help to manage type-2 diabetes. A new study in the journal Diabetes Care also supports the notion that and offer some simple tips to help patients to remain active.
“Being more physically active often means long hours on the treadmill or join a marathon competition. Though simple physical activities such as walking, up and down stairs and more active in carrying out daily activities have been effective in helping to manage diabetes,” said Professor Mike Trenell, author of the study from Newcastle University, UK.
The researchers reviewed more than 8,000 studies and in-depth analysis on 17 studies to look at how health professionals working to improve the physical activity of people diagnosed with type-2 diabetes. They identified 21 behaviors that have a positive impact on patient health.
They found that the move could help improve blood glucose control. Moving can keep blood flowing to the muscles and keep absorption of sugar from the blood and into the muscles, then the sugar can be stored or burned. By moving the body expends energy so as to lose weight.
Well, what can be done so that we move more?
1. Create a target. Make a time-bound action plan, such as walking 10,000 steps per day.
2. Review. Once you start with physical activity, make sure you review the changes in your body to see the results.
3. Plan. Set aside time each day for physical activity, both at home and at work.
4. Involve people nearby. Let friends and family know that you are starting the exercise. They can help you to keep in regular exercise or to monitor your progress.
5. Increase servings of exercises. If you’ve got used to walking or climbing stairs, slowly Increase the duration or frequency of your physical activity.
6. Consultation with your doctor. Ask your doctor about activities that you can do to manage your diabetes.
7. Do it together. Bring your relationship with your environment. Activities in your neighborhood can be more interesting to do together and can make you more active physical activity.
8. Remember your past. Motivation yourself by remembering the past when you are physically active, and remember how it feels, fun is not it?
Those are some healthy living tips by moving as much as possible to reduce and manage diabetes. So, what else you waiting for, do move right now ..